Sunday, 11 September 2016

One chance

       Crackle... 'Come in..' I heard from the earpiece in my left ear I responded in a whisper sitting down at the coffee shop innocently reading the paper "This is Jet, in position, no signs of the briefcase. I repeat, no sign of briefcase.". My ear piece replied 'Eagle has been spotted getting out of a white audi,  I repeat white audi' Shocked I replied still acting innocent "Backup aren't here yet what should I do?" The reply shocked me 'This is a one chance opportunity you have to get him alone over and out.' Worried and shocked I called out "Hello. HELLO!" into my microphone but received no response so I knew I had to do my job and I put down the newspaper and rose out of my chair while placing a five pound note on the table. I walked to the edge of the pavement and noticed a white Audi parked about 20 metres away on the other side of the road to the left.
       I crossed the road and walked in the opposite direction of the Audi as I saw the target with the briefcase heading in that direction. I slowed down waiting for him to pass me and when he did I followed in pursuit but I kept my distance not to seem suspicious. The target walked down the street for a bit until he reached the library and he entered the library. I stood outside for a couple minutes and pretended to be on the phone before entering, when I entered I instantly saw him across the room his briefcase was leaning on the wall and he faced away looking for books. To my right I saw a man edging closer to the target looking at books but occasionally staring at the briefcase, and putting two and two together I realised he must be here to receive the suitcase. I casually walked over to the suitcase and picked out a book pretending to read the blurb, I then purposely dropped the book on the floor and as I crouched down to pick it up I planted a tracking device in the open side pocket and folded down the flap. I then walked over to the computer still holding the book as if I was intending to get it. I sat at the computer and opened the search engine and as it loaded I watched the receiver pick up the briefcase and place down a piece of paper with writing on it. After the man with the briefcase left the library I left and sent the tracking devices details back to headquarters and walked across the road and went into a black Mercedes.
       Five minutes later the target walked out the library holding the piece of paper so I started my engine and pulled out slowly. The target surprisingly walked pass the Audi and went into a BMW and rapidly pulled out. I followed right behind until we hit a T-junction where he rolled down his window and stuck a gun out aimed at me a fired three bullets. Each ricocheting of my bullet proof windscreen, the target floored the accelerate and sped of and I followed right behind. A head popped out the back window holding a rifle and he fired at my car getting the same result so he aimed for my tyres. I frantically dodged the bullets swerving left and right, the target sped straight across the highway right in front of a moving lorry which swerved right towards me, I threw my steering wheel left avoiding being hit and drove around the lorry and onto the bridge where the target was. The target swerved onto the other side of the road to avoid traffic, he and I both dogged the cars until the back of his car released needles and I swerved right off the bridge and landed on a strip of grass by a river. Rapidly I drove following the bridge hoping to catch the target at the end. I followed the noise of car horns to a slip road meant for coming onto the bridge and sped in front hitting the bonnet of the targets BMW we swerved off the road to a sudden halt I instantly reached forward and pressed a button under the car lights switch, a gun came out the Mercedes sign on the front and started shooting at the target. Each bullet dug into the metal of the targets car making a clanging noise. The cars back door opened and a flaming beer bottle came flying out, it smashed against the side of my car in an explosion of flames. Another flaming beer bottle flew out this time aiming for below my car, a big fire explosion went off again this time under the car melting the tyres.
       I rapidly opened my dashboard and reached for my glock, I threw open my door and army crawled out and onto the floor. I rolled past the flames and shot into the rear seats, a body fell out holding a flaming bottle and as the body hit the floor crushing the bottle it exploded in flames melting the bodies skin. The target kicked his car into action and started driving away but only got a couple meters before it stopped. He jumped out the car and ran as I saw his body engulfed in flames. He jumped to the ground and rolled screaming in pain. Three cars screeched to a halt beside us, the back up had finally arrived, we smothered the fire that engulfed our screaming target and all fled to the hospital as the two cars exploded behind us emitting a thick layer of black smoke into the sky and the smell of burning petrol into the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment